Now that it is officially fall, it’s time to consider the unique hazards that the season brings to the roads. It may not be as hazardous as winter, but that doesn’t mean that fall is free from danger.
To prepare yourself for the fall season, check out these fall driving safety tips:
- Make sure that your vehicle is up to date on oil changes and that any dashboard lights are addressed before the weather starts to dip.
- Give your tires a good look, evaluating for air pressure, tread, and alignment.
- In fact, if you live in a particularly snowy area or just want to be extra safe, consider switching to snow tires entirely.
- Speaking of snow, don’t forget to get an ice scraper handy inside your vehicle. You may also want to keep a shovel available.
- Any summer supplies you may have, such as swimsuits and flip flops, can certainly be switched out in favor of warm hats and gloves.
- Lastly, keep a sharper eye out for pedestrians and animals than ever before, especially as dusk approaches, which comes earlier than in the summer.
For more safety tips or to start your season out with a brand new model, contact us or visit us anytime here at Hurlbert Toyota.