Are you an avid hiker in the Epping, New Hampshire area, or new to the hobby? Luckily, we have some of the best hiking trails in the region! Thanks to TrailLink, there are ratings and maps for most of the trails present. Pick the distance that you would like to hike, and see which ones will give you the greatest views of the Epping-area natural landscape.
- Amesbury Riverwalk – Essex, MA
- This 1.3 mile hike is perfect for a relatively short walk through the wooded area along some former rail lines. With a rich history, this is a great stop to feel connected to the past!
- Conway Branch – Carroll, NH
- Between summer hikes and winter snowmobile-riders, this path is usually pretty busy! All 21 miles are very active when there is a ton of snow, which just makes it more fun.
- Eastern Trail – Cumberland & York counties
- With free parking areas near most entrances, this enormous trail system can lead to some amazing journeys. The entire network is 2,900 miles, so you can definitely pick whatever distance you feel like hiking that day.
- Windham Rail Trail – Rockingham county, NH
- Scenic only begins to describe this hike – the views are great, abundant wildlife, and historical 19th-century sawmill. It’s just about 4 miles long, so it’s great for a morning hike.
Remember, whenever you’re hiking, stay safe at all times. Hike with a buddy, and don’t forget to bring snacks and water! Even a short hike can take a lot of energy, so it’s best to be prepared. Always follow the trail rules, like not hiking while it’s dark – it can be very hard to see the hiking trails, and you don’t want to get lost!