Summer is in full swing. If you’re a parent, this means you are probably spending a lot of time in the car heading from one summertime event to the next. Here are a few summer essentials for your car to make sure your summer rolls smoothly on.
- Sun protection. The summer rays from the sun can be brutal. Keep a stash of sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats in your car to prevent you and the kids from getting burned.
- Window shade. Nobody likes climbing into a sweltering car after a hot day in the sun. Use a window shade in your front window to block some of the heat and help your car cool off faster.
- Water bottles. Keep a stash of reusable water bottles in the car to keep everyone hydrated. Add a few cardboard juice boxes in case you can’t find a water fountain.
- Heat resistant snacks. Kids seem to be perpetually hungry, especially when they’re running around playing all summer. Keep snacks, such as graham crackers, granola bars (without chocolate), nuts, and other foods that won’t melt in your car.
- Paper towels. You’re going to need to clean up a spill at some point, so be ready by keeping a roll of paper towels in your car.
What are some of your summer essentials that you keep in your car?